Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dude Incites Matt to Badness (Broken Trailer D-ring)

Yesterday was a total (literal) bust on trailer loading for Matt (the 22 year old QH Gelding). One of the (I lost count) times Matt pulled away from me, you should have seen Dude kicking his back legs higher than my head and running off with Matt. What a hoodlum. I wanted to kill them both. Some little angel hid my lunge whip (I'm just saying I thought about it and looked to see if it was in the tack shed) so I settled on a little crop. I didn't hit him (Matt) hard, or a lot as it wasn't doing any good (but I really wanted to be flailing away like a banshee!!!!) I don't know why Matt would not get in the trailer. He has been loading well the last few times. It was like having bad children who make you laugh, but you can't let them see you laugh when they would run behind the house (cause then they're invisible to the human eye!). Anyway, stupid Matt pulled back so hard the one time I got him tied then he dislodged an actual piece of the trailer itself so now my trailer is broken. There's a jagged piece of metal sticking up!! What a poophead Matty is.

My daughter was trying to close the trailer door, but she was right to get clear when Matt started really really backing out. Time for a wider, taller trailer anyway. Grandmother (our backer) has agreed we need a newer and better trailer. It was a good thing it happened at home.

We were supposed to be going to take lessons at Ms. Dee's Ride-A-Horse (I swear that's the name). She teaches western showing and timed events, too. She's a legend around here. I'm sad we didn't get to go!

I put Matt in the cross ties and made him stand there while I drank a cup of coffee, smoked a cigarette and rested my feet (poophead!). Then, I saddled him and my daughter got to ride in her new show saddle and bridle up and down the street out front and show off to her little friends. I took pictures. Dude exercised himself by running up and down the fence row and practicing his sliding stops. What a doofus.

At least the days are getting long enough to ride after school/work now. Thank God. I'll post the pics later.

No comments: