Sunday, March 9, 2008

Trail Ride with Jumping


We went on a long trail ride today. I shortened my stirrups one hole on each side. My jumping was better. Kinda iffy on the canter in 2-point. While cantering, Dude put his head down, shook it and then did the little rodeo happy buck a few times. I stayed on. Yay! At least he didn't do the quick cut to one side that I have trouble with. I'm sure he'll do it next time.

Why does he do that? He seems to want to run, so why does he fight it?

We came across some horses in a pasture adjacent to the new trail we were exploring. Dude did not want to leave them. I think he thinks he's still a stud sometimes and there must have been a mare in heat. I wonder how old he was when they gelded him?

Everyone says he was left a stud along time when they look at his jowls.

No comments: