Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I am the Alpha Mare

This morning, I sleepily assessed that Dude needed fly spray. Matt was out in the yard finishing breakfast. Dude was munching hay, so I went into the pen and didn't latch the gate. Dang, he's smart. He saw the gate was open, went over and pushed it open before I could react and trotted out to Matt's leftovers on the ground. When I tried to catch him, he ran away from me, turned and kicked in my direction and was sassy. I thought, "Better square up to him and be ready to face the consequences." I got right in front of him, and squealed at him when he started to turn. Thank goodness he dropped his head and submitted. Sassy little boy. I put a rope around his neck and put him in his pen. I turned him around before I let him go because he had been kicky earlier. Its a miracle that he submits to me. I wouldn't have known to do all this if it weren't for this board and Dude would probably be getting away with being bad. So thanks to all who read and post and teach me to be the pasture bitch.

No comments: