Thursday, July 3, 2008

Escape Attempt or The Grass is Always Greener!, Part ???

Turns out the jerk wad who put up my fence, when he got to the end of a roll of wire ("hog wire") just wound the strands together instead of ending and beginning at a new post. What a jerk - a $1500 jerk. Then, I let the grass grow up on the outside of the fence. So, Dude was reaching over the fence to eat it and as he got lower and lower he just pushed on the fence and it snapped apart at the weak point. Of course Dude did not get a scratch on him, but I had to stay home from work yesterday to weed eat the entire length of the fence and then patch the section that he broke. I ran a new stretch from pole to pole (now there's an idea). Its a good thing my old geldings respect a fence and would rather try to escape at the gate. BTW, Dude is too smart. I thought I could leave the front gate untied for a minute while I went to retrieve something and he went straight to it and started pushing on it. He drives me nuts being so smart. He never actually escaped and the fence is fixed now so I call it a win. Yes, I really love him. He's such a "bad boy." He's the son I never had. He had to come over and snorfle the roll of wire and investigate all that I was doing. I gotta find my clicker and try that. Why is there never enough time in a day?

No comments: