Thursday, July 2, 2009

More Thoughts on Dude

Because Badges said she was going back to read through the chronicle, here, I went back and looked at the beginning. I have changed my mind about dude. I no longer think that he "acts out without regard to his own safety." I think he always regards his own safety. I've watched him be careful many times. Except for the time we trapped him in the trailer, he has not hurt himself. In fact, the times he has threatened to smash me into the trailer, he stopped just short of actually mashing me. He whirled his butt around like he was going to smush me, but left me exactly 1 foot of room between his butt and the trailer. After I ran around the back of the trailer he kicked out. The time he ran off with me holding the lead rope, he was just trying to make me let go. He didn't try to run over me. He was surprised I held on as long as I did. I have looked at his tongue, no cuts. He is not "head shy." Rather, he just won't give you his head if he doesn't feel like it.

So, I've learned he's not abused after all, or if he was, he's over it. He is spoiled, pure and simple. And smart. And now... we come to Jesus. I've gotten my confidence working with Matt and the mare. Dude just needs a firm hand and I'm about to give it to him. Hee hee.

No comments: