Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Escape Attempt or The Grass is Always Greener!

I don't know if my old heart can take much of this. Dude, the trickster, just escaped while I was putting Matt back in the pasture and strolled around my front yard exploring the much better grass (its greener because of the other side of the fence and all). Thank goodness I had carrots in my pocket and caught him with the lead rope. He dutifully went back in with Matt, but my heart was pounding with what ifs. I did want to "doctor" a cut I found on his hip and I had the wonder dust in my pocket, too, so I got him, haha. I practised "Squealing" and running them off from their hay. I'm not a good squealer as I have one of those low pitched voices. But they were appropriately alarmed by my attempted dominance and backed up a little. Don't forget who is the pasture boss in real life boyz. LOL.
Oh yes, Dude has the backing up problem, too. He starts to back up when things get tough for him or he gets grumpy. Thanks a lot to whomever originally taught him how to back up so well. Thankfully, so far, just sitting still and doing nothing gets him to stop. Then wait to feel him relax and he's willing to go forward again. I like everyone's ideas on fixing the backer upper, here: p068.ezboard.com/ffhotd64...ID=4.topic.

No comments: