Monday, October 29, 2007

More Background on Dude

By the way, when Katharine came by Sunday, I told her what happened to Dude's head (skinned parts of his face in the trailer saddling incident). When I told her about the idea I went along with about trying to saddle him in the trailer she snorted in amused derision. She has known Dude for 10 years and she knew what the rest of the story was going to be before I even told her. Doh!

She made me feel better about his wounds, saying they get beat up worse than that in the pasture sometimes. She was very sweet to not make me feel bad for my stupid idea. I'm glad I learned my lesson without further harm to Dude.

She did give us more of Dude's story, saying that the fat man who had him before had cut his tongue on purpose and also twitched his ears to try to get him to lower his head. According to Katharine, only Mar has seen the mysterious cut tongue, but I'm going to try to get a peak one day. Sounds horrible, I had no idea they did things like that!!!

No comments: